Friday, October 30, 2015

Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins

I don't know why the fall season always makes me want to bake and try new recipes, but it does. Tonight I spent a quiet Friday night at my apartment and made another batch of these pumpkin muffins. I made my first batch a couple of weeks ago and they were so delicious I wanted to share the recipe - for others and for myself in the future. I just ate the muffin pictured, paired with pumpkin spice rooibos tea from Trader Joe's.

Ingredient list:
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin (I used the organic canned pumpkin from Trader Joe's)
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 12 pecans for topping
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Oil muffin pans.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
  3. Mix until well combined (I used a hand mixer). Make sure most lumps have disappeared.
  4. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
  5. Place on wire rack to cool.
Serves: 12
Nutritional analysis per each muffin: 127 calories, 7g fat, 230mg sodium, 11.7g carbohydrate, 3g fiber and 5g protein. 

No comments: