Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Picking 2011

Today was my 3rd annual apple picking trip with TGC. The past 2 years the weather has been cold and rainy, but today it was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was in the high 70s, so a perfect day to spend outside. We went to the farm a couple of weeks earlier than in previous years, so there was not as much fall foliage, but I think I prefer the warmer weather.
Riding the cow train.


Ben, Bryan, Jennifer and Laurie out in the apple orchards.
Joe and Jessica Joy...with yummy apple cider donuts (that I currently can't eat).
Suzanne and I...Suzanne is in Investor Relations at Pfizer, so we have gotten to know each other over the past year or so.
Sweet Noah.
The corn maze.

A.J., Evie, and Ella in the corn maze.
My group that I hung around with most of the day. Suzanne and the Hoover family. I know Vu from KPMG (we started together) and he just transferred to KPMG's National Office which is in NYC. He and Amy have 5 kids (Addie, Savannah, Ella, A.J. and Evie) so I invited them to come along for the day too.
Joah and I. This was the end of the day and Joah was so tired. I still wanted a picture with him because I love this little guy.
Mike Anderson and John Nelson.
In the van on the way to the mall. We always make a stop at the mall on the way home - this year everyone went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
Today was such a fun day. Days like today make leaving NYC a tough decision because I love this community of people.

No comments: